Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Graphite Tables

Hello. Hope your enjoying your Sunday. It's kinda cold out here at minus -26 C (-15 F). Which I guess really isn't that bad, but I'm done with winter. I think I've hit that point in the winter, when I've just had enough! I want to paint in day light hours, be able to take fab pictures anytime and not have to rush home after work to get natural light. {anyone use photographers lights?those big circle ones?}
Anywho, I wanted to showcase a set that was brought to me from far away, 6 hours to be precise. I wish I had taken before pics, but I never seem to remember. That should have been my New Years resolution. 




What do you think? I painted these with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite. I was hoping for a more richer black... but loved the slate color. I used 2 coats of Annie Sloan ark Soft Wax. 



When painting, I used random direction strokes to built lots of grooves. This way I could work the dark wax into all the lines and crevices. 




I just love the profile of these babes!




I tried turning the window in this one. I love to paint, but have no experience in photography.

10 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. I think the lighter gray color looks more aged than a true black. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, they do. Thanks for stopping by. xo

      Delete
  2. Loving this table. I was thinking of trying the graphite look sometime so I'm glad I git to see a refresher. Hello from Be inspired linky party!
    leelee @ paperbagstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of these tables too, the big legs are so cool. And the graphite looks amazing on them, great job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love annie Sloan paint. I have a can of graphite I'm ready to use. Now that seen your pics, it makes me very excited to try it. Thank you for linking up to Hickory Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shade of gray... gorgeous! I'm featuring it in this week's Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I post. It's kinda like going to the post office, I giggle like a school girl when I receive a new comment.